Nomination for Manpei Suzuki International Prize for Diabetes Research 2021 will open from April 1,2021
- 19 Jan 2021
- Award ceremonies for 2019-2021 will be held in March 2022NEW
- 14 Dec 2020
- 2020 Winner of the Manpei Suzuki International Prize for Diabetes Research:Domenico Accili, MD
- 01 Apr 2020
- Nominations open for 2020 Manpei Suzuki International Prize for Diabetes
- 09 Dec 2019
- 2019 Winner of the Manpei Suzuki International Prize for Diabetes Research:Stephan O’Rahilly, MD
Manpei Suzuki Diabetes Foundation, Tokyo, Japan
Scope of Nomination Application
Nominations in English can be accepted from any country. One prize winner will be selected from nominations received in that year. For subsequent years, a re-submission will be required for consideration in that year.
Scope of Nominator
Members of ADA, EASD, JDS or other publicly recognized societies of related fields can submit one nomination application per person per year. Each nomination application will require one supporting letter from someone who is familiar with the work of the nominee and who is also a member of the above-said societies. Self nomination is not acceptable.
A nominator can not be a supporter for any nominees.
Scope of Nominee
The prize will be awarded to one researcher in diabetes who has been nominated as described above. Previous prize awards are not considered.
However, any of a member of the Selection Committee of this Prize as well as a director, an auditor or a councillor of the Foundation shall not be eligible for a nominee.
Awarding of Prize
Certificate of Honor, US$150,000 prize and Japanese objet d'art to one individual.
1. The Selection Committee reviews all applications
and decides on the prize recipient.
2. The prize recipient and nominator are notified.
3. A public announcement is made.